Our professionally developed programs help members attain the following positive outcomes:
- Positive self-identity – Think well of oneself. Accentuate talents and positive personality traits while recognizing imperfections. Seek to make the most of one’s abilities, distinctive personality and interests.
- Self-reliance – Ability to set and attain goals while learning to make important decisions. Encourage kids to expend the effort or enlist the support of others to reach desired goals.
- Health and well-being – Follow a healthy diet guided by the food pyramid and any special dietary needs or restrictions. Practice healthy lifestyle choices to help prevent disease and minimize danger. Engage in fitness on a regular basis.
- Positive values – Think and act with hope. Develop strong character traits, such as honesty, integrity, commitment, compassion, equality and acceptance.
- Commitment to learning – Attain a high school diploma and, if capable, pursue higher education: a college degree or advanced degrees. For non-academics, become trained in a technical field or skilled trade. Be open to new ideas and learn how to adapt to change. Soak up knowledge by reading, listening and being interested and aware of the world and people around you.
- Social competency – Maintain positive relationship with one’s family, peers, mentors (teachers and ministers, among others) and authority figures (police, lawyers and doctors, among others). Embrace cultural diversity and seek out friends from different cultures and nationalities.
- Community and civic involvement – Find ways to get involved, help others, share your talents and be an asset to your community.